Dial Emma


Jonathan's Art Dilemma No. 17: What are exhibitions for?

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Millennium Walk


Bill Richardson
Linen Services Supervisor
Brighton Health Care NHS Trust
December 1999

Last week I was visiting the Maternity Unit in the hospital. It is on the 14th floor of a tower that has very wonderful views over the sea. I got the lift up, but there was a long queue to come back down. After a period of grumbly hanging around reluctantly I decided to try the stairs. A hidden delight. All the way down the stairwell  was a display of photographs of staff members and patients. Some going about their jobs, some displaying pieces of equipment, others in regular portrait poses. Below each were detailed descriptions of people roles that were clear and interesting. It took me an age to get down but I was gifted a very uplifting portrait of the hospital, and by association the National Health Service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment